Warning Signs You May Be Married To a Narcissist!
Aren’t we all slightly narcissistic? The answer is, “Yes.”
There are various healthy traits of narcissism in many of us. But then
there is the actual diagnosis of narcissistic personality disorder.
No one sets out to marry a narcissist. Their behavior kind of charms you
and sneaks up on you. Once you are enveloped in their world, it’s
often hard to get out. :(
You may ask yourself, “How did I get here?” The answer is you
were seduced by their charisma and cunning tactics. Don’t be too
hard on yourself. The best and the brightest can be deceived by this personality disorder.
Here are some examples of Narcisisstic behavior:
- Believes they are “special”- can only be understood by an intellectual
few or should associate with only the elite
- Has a grandiose sense of self
- Demands excessive attention
- Strong sense of entitlement
- Lacks empathy
- Spends a lot of time on appearance
- Extremely likable when you first meet
- He/she is his/her favorite subject
- Name drops
- Drama king/queen
- Hypersensitive to criticism
- Takes no responsibility for anything
- Control freak
That was exhausting!! Narcissists usually are!
If you are married to someone with several of these signs, it’s time
to consider moving on…
Life with a narcissist is usually abusive and definitely emotionally draining.
This is a toxic, high maintenance personality.
If I can help you navigate a path out of this type of marriage, let me know.
I am familiar with the traits and the methods for successfully moving away
and through the divorce process with a narcissist.
It takes effort, strength and knowledge. Let me help you. 212.734.1551