If you ate thinking about separation or divorce, wWhatever direction you
choose, I’m here to answer all your questions, keep you on track
and help you meet your goals!
With over decades of experience as a divorce attorney and mediator, I
have been successfully guiding spouses through the separation and divorce
process. I can show you what’s possible and what can work for you
and your family! The divorce process can be family friendly, considerate,
supportive and compassionate.
Here’s what you need to know about Separation or Divorce:
1. Don’t be afraid; divorce is not as scary as it looks;
2. Keep in mind nothing will happen until you take the first step;
3. Find the right attorney/mediator for you;
4. You are entitled to certain benefits; know what your rights are and
what you are entitled to;
5. You can separate, divorce or have a postnuptial agreement;
6. There are different vehicles to obtain a divorce--Mediation, Litigation,
Negotiation; learn what they are;
7. Divorce is not just the sad end of a part of your life, but a happy,
healthy beginning of the rest of your life!
If you are not ready for a divorce, you don’t have to jump into one.
Sometimes a separation can work well too.
So when clients consult with me and ask me if they should separate or divorce,
I ask lots of questions to assess where they are in their marriage. Sometimes
a separation or postnuptial agreement is a consideration because they
want to give their marriage a chance, stay on their spouse’s health
insurance, try marriage counseling or take the time to prepare for a divorce.
Some couples just get a separation and go their separate ways to see what
happens. Others want a divorce so they can move on and start a new life.
Think about what it is that you want!
Whether thinking of separation or divorce, during a free consultation,
we can discuss the following:
- equitable distribution of property;
- definitions of marital property and separate property;
- under what circumstances one spouse may receive maintenance;
- estate rights;
- pension rights;
- child support;
- custody of children;
- spousal support.
So if you’re wondering whether you should separate or divorce, call
me. I will answer all your questions! My medical background can help with
the psychological aspects of your divorce.
For more than 35 years as a divorce attorney and mediator, I have been
guiding spouses successfully to find the right path to divorce.
I have the unique ability to provide a compassionate and productive process
to see you through your divorce.
FREE 1-hour consultations are very
informative and discreetly and conveniently conducted virtually to reduce risk!
I look forward to helping you and your family.
Stay healthy and safe!
Call New York Divorce Attorney Lois Brenner Now to schedule your FREE consultation.