Whatever direction you choose, I’m here to keep you on track and
help you meet your goal!
With decades of experience as a divorce attorney and mediator, I have been
successfully guiding spouses through the separation and divorce process.
I can show you what’s possible and what can work for you and your family!
Here’s what you need to know about Separation or Divorce:
1. Don’t be afraid; divorce is not as scary as it looks;
2. Keep in mind nothing will happen until you take the first step;
3. Find the right attorney/mediator for you;
4. You are entitled to certain benefits; know what your rights are and
what you are entitled to;
5. You can separate or divorce;
6. There are different vehicles to obtain a divorce-mediation, litigation,
negotiation; learn what they are;
7. Divorce is not just the sad end of a part of your life, but a happy,
healthy beginning of the rest of your life!
So here is something to think about. Should you separate or divorce?
If you are not ready for a divorce, you don’t have to jump into one.
Sometimes a separation can work well too.
So when clients consult with me and ask me if they should separate or divorce,
I ask lots of questions to assess where they are in their marriage. Sometimes
separation is a consideration because they want to give their marriage
a chance, stay on their spouse’s health insurance, try marriage
counseling, or take the time to prepare for a divorce.
Some couples just get a separation and go their separate ways to see what
happens. Others want a divorce so they can move on and start a new life.
Think about what it is that you want!
Whether thinking of separation or divorce, during a free consultation,
we can discuss the following:
1. equitable distribution of property;
2. definitions of marital property and separate property;
3. under what circumstances one spouse may receive maintenance;
4. estate rights;
5. pension rights;
6. child support;
7. custody of children;
8. spousal support.
Wondering whether you should separate or divorce? Call me. I will answer
all your questions! My medical background can help with the psychological
aspect of your divorce.
For over 35 years as a divorce attorney and mediator, I have been guiding
spouses successfully to find the right path to divorce.
I have the unique ability to provide a compassionate and productive process
to see you through your divorce.
FREE 1 hour consultations are very informative and discreetly and conveniently conducted virtually to reduce risk!
I look forward to helping you and your family.
Stay healthy and safe!
Call New York Divorce Attorney Lois Brenner Now to schedule your FREE consultation.